New Stuff

This season of making pots has taken on an evolution.  My first plan was to add more facial texture to the monster wares. They just felt too plain.  This added detail slowed the process and in the end I have produced less work.  But the monsters just look better.  Secondly, I started making most of the pots with a different clay body.  Third, I decided to fire the kiln to cone 5 instead of 6.  In that game of inches, we're talking saving some firing time and cost that would be worthwhile over the course of several firings.  This actually led to a couple other things.  I found that some of my glazes seemed to have a little more gloss to them at cone 5.  It also inspired me to resurrect a couple old buckets of glaze that I had left for dead.    The results have been gratifying.

No comments:

Ugrus

Ugrus

Zara

Zara

Ogre, the very first!

Dermie

Grover

creature wine stoppers

old dude wine stoppers